12.22.2009

North Park


Salted Garlic Squid
Deep friend squid coated with salt and pepper,
garnished with sliced chili and garlic
Sandy came home from Australia, and so we decided to eat out and have the longest chitchat ever. I think the best place to have long chitchats next to coffee shops are Chinese restos. Sandy was near Quezon City than Binondo, so we end up at TriNoMa North Park.

Wanton Noodles
We ordered, ofcourse the staple Wanton Noodles, and then added Shrimp Dumplings, Salted Garlic Squid (which I insisted, because it's my favorite). Then after some gossips and shocking revelations the food disappeared, and we're still hungry, so we ordered round two (same dish). They loved the SGS, I think if NP would bring us the *largest squid (55 feet long and weighed two ton) ever caught (on November 2, 1978) in Thimble Tickle Bay, Newfoundland, we would still be craving for more.

Shrimp Dumplings
Shrimp Dumplings are just the best, crispy and juicy, love it even without the dip sauce.

But I think the food served in restos like North Park with branches, depends on the branch cook, on how to make it really good. I have two or three bet branches, one in Wilson Street, in Greenhills has the best Salted Garlic Squid, like with TriNoMa North Park too, Market Market North Park, hmm best in Sweet and Sour Fish?, I can't decide, I had my 11 months lunches there, so I guess most of the food prepared there are good. Ahh, Mafo tofu--- the best, just the right spicy-ness.

No words are needed to describe the food in details, as I have said we ordered the same dish twice. There was just one thing--- with the Wanton Noodles, you must eat it right away, as in right away, because it doesn't taste good when it's cold already (aircondition's fault).

0 comments: