12.11.2009

Selecta Creations: Pistachio & Cashew


After getting depressed (don't ask me why) and not sleeping for days, the best way to eliminate--- gloomy-ness, is with your best friend ice-cream. It is said that when you eat ice-cream or something sweet, it creates a substance that cheers you up--- that's why you see people in movies eat chocolate or Haagen Danz, etc. after a break up.

I think with so many ice creams I have tasted, so far this is one of my favorite, from the category that includes nuts. I usually don't like nuts in my ice cream--- but this one, heavenly. Pistachio and cashew are love. You scoop a spoon full and then taste the sweetness of the ice cream and then bites the pistachio, little crunchy but not crunch-crunchy, you will taste its oil (sort of, salty taste, moldly feel), then you'll feel the love.

Sorry I kind of ate the pistachios on top, and left it like that (no pistachio visible just bits)

After loving the pistachio, got me curious about the nut, *did you know that--- yes, again--- the nut (before) was only for the blue bloods (royals), and rumored to be planted in Nebuchadnezzar's hanging garden. And pistachios are one of the two nuts mentioned in the Bible (almonds in the other one), Genesis 43:11 (See I told you love-- 4311 equals 143). LOL

Genesis 43:11 (New International Version)

11 Then their father Israel said to them, "If it must be, then do this: Put some of the best products of the land in your bags and take them down to the man as a gift—a little balm and a little honey, some spices and myrrh, some pistachio nuts and almonds.

0 comments: